Value: $7.7 M | Completed: February 2013
The Arts Music Student Centre (AMSC) project is located in Basement, Ground and Level 1 of the Arts West Building. Access to the existing 500 seat Copland Theatre on Basement Level is to be maintained for the duration of the project and the large volume of students using the theatre are to be managed.
The project consists of the following works:
- Provision of new single and double height roof and facade structure adjoining Professors Court.
- Provision of a large steel feature truss spanning from the existing structure to a new post adjacent to Professors Walk.
- Internal refurbishment to part-Basement, Ground Floor and part-Level 1 of the
- Arts West Building to create a new Student Centre, Student Lounge with associated amenities, and administration space.
- Construction of new concrete and steel access stairs and platform lift to provide a new entry to the existing Copland Theatre from Bio-Medical Lane (west facade)